Monday, April 26, 2010

Newness

It's been a GREAT day, but I am definitely ready to go to bed.

Our day began at 6am this morning when our friend, Erin, went into labor. We kept her two kids for awhile while she and her hubby were at the hospital. Baby Lucy Joy Harris was born at 2:15 this afternoon and weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz. She is a beautiful baby from pictures we've already seen, and we can't wait to meet her!

Then I decided it was such a beautiful day that I would work in the yard and plant the new plants and flowers I had. It definitely was a beautiful day, but I feel like I'm getting old when my back is all achey and my strength was zapped after 2 hours digging in the dirt.

Then I was off to church to help with Youth Weekend prep. This coming weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year at church, because our seniors lead the entire service. We work with several seniors throughout the week to prepare a message to share in the service. They always work so hard and so many hours and always share an amazing message of what God has done and is doing in their lives. I can't wait!

So it was a long day...but one that was full of BEAUTY and witnessing the NEW LIFE and PURPOSE that God so abundantly gives.

No comments: