It has been such beautiful weather lately, that we have jumped at the chances to enjoy the local festivals in the past couple weeks. Going to art festivals and just walking among the amazing talent and creativity is something so relaxing for me. Jonathan usually 'skips' on the opportunity to do so...as it's just not his cup of tea...which is totally cool with me. So Brayden and I usually head out to see the amazing art at these festivals.
We've gotten to go to two lately, and one thing that I am discovering - with a toddler in tow - is the kids' areas. There are usually fun (and free) projects for the kids to do. This gives them a break from sitting in the stroller and a quick chance to play and be creative as well. Most of the activities were too old for Brayden, but he did find and LOVE the sandbox area. He sat there - insisted on sitting in one of the tiny plastic chairs - and dug around, scooped, and poured the sand. We then headed over to make a shaker out of a plastic bottle and lentils...that didn't last long...he wanted more sand. So back to the sandbox we went. He played a bit longer, then it was time to go...he was so sad! I'm glad my son likes playing in the sand, because I LOVE the beach! Makes for a good combo...now I'm off to think about planning a beach trip...
1 comment:
What FUN! Love you all so much!
Post a Comment