Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cirque: Montage

Jonathan and I have always wanted to go to Cirque du Soleil, but we have never had the opportunity. When we found out that Cirque Imagination (former Cirque du Soleil performers) were coming to Houston, we jumped at the chance to see it. We trekked down to southwest Houston for their show, Montage. It was PHENOMENAL! We were amazed at the things that these performers were able to do.

The best part of the show was when they picked people from the audience to come up and perform on stage. As the Ringmaster walked around the audience to pick people, he walked down the aisle toward us, and pointed and said, "You!" Jonathan looked around and said, "Me?!" "Yes, you!" So, Jonathan got up out of his chair and went up on stage with two other members of the audience. It was AWESOME!!! (And I was glad it wasn't me!)

He had to perform a scene where he was the hero cowboy who comes in and rescues a young maiden from harm. He rode in on his imaginary horse, jumped off his horse, spit on the ground, then strutted over to the bad guy and "punching" him he rescued the girl. It was SO great! He was the hit of the scene and performed so well! I was so proud!!!

The beginning of their scene. Jonathan is
decked out in a cowboy hat and lasso.
Jonathan with the Ringmaster after the show
(He gave Jonathan a hard time for how tall he was,
so he is standing on a chair in this picture. Ha!)

2 comments:

Emily said...

how fun is that!?! i can't wait to hear more about it when we see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

From your Aunt Jana: That looked like a lot of fun. I have to say, tho, I'm a little scared of the Ringmaster.