Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oscars Party

I love the Academy Awards! To celebrate, we had a bunch of friends over to watch the show. It was a great night with some great friends and good food, and we even had our own red carpet!

Everyone filled out a ballot, and the winner got a prize!
Labels and from Hostess with the Mostess
Napkins folded like envelopes and wrapped with labels
that said "And the winner is..." and "The envelope please..."
All the cups had printable circle labels on them with
each of the categories up for an Oscar.
My cup said "Best Actress"...I like to pretend!
Jonathan and I had to "walk the red carpet"
before the awards began...and yes, we dressed the part!
In the entryway, I made a canvas with all the
Best Picture nominees displayed for everyone
to decide who they thought would win.
Caramel popcorn...yummmm!
Photo props from Lil Blue Boo, which always make for fun photos

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

What an awesome idea! Very creative.

Unknown said...

and you are seriously amazing!

MJ said...

Just found you while searching the web for ideas for my Oscar party. Love your blog, thank you for the great ideas. I think I will go with the envelope napkins :)

Ashlee Moody said...

Hello, nice blog