Class of 2000
Class of 2000...with our families
This past weekend, we made the trek up to Oklahoma for my 10 Year High School Reunion. Has it really been that long?!? WOW. It's hard to believe I graduated that long ago. It's something I've really looked forward to, so I was super excited when Jonathan was able to get off work for us to be there. We met up with everyone at my high school - Oklahoma Christian Schools - for a tour (lots of new add-ons since I was there), and Mr. Hough, one of our favorite teachers, was there to give a short devotional. It was a special time. Brought back memories of sitting in his Bible class daily listening to these short, great thoughts from the Word. I graduated with 55 and over 20 made it...a pretty good turnout. My good friends from HS were able to make it, and we had a blast together.
My good girl friends from HS - Leah, Melissa,
(Me), Courtney, & Jessica
Our class met up for dinner at Jazmo's Bourbon Street Cafe in Bricktown. We all sat around a U-shape of tables and told about where we're at in life now, talked about fun memories of the last 10 years in our lives, and reminisced about the days of high school.
Our classmates at dinner
We capped off the night sitting in a coffee shop
for a couple hours with our good friends, Melissa & Bart.
It was a great reunion. It was fun seeing old friends and the families that they now have. It is hard to think about where we'll be at in another 10 years at our 20-year reunion. I'm sure time will fly, just as the past 10 years have. But as Mr. Hough shared with us this past Saturday, in the words of a famous poet, "Above all else, pursue God." I desire that for my family, and I pray that for my friends and their families as well. If we can do that over the next 10 years, at our next reunion, we will all be able to come together and say we have been VERY successful in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment