Sunday, December 6, 2009

SNOW!!! ...in Houston! WHAT?!



Friday...in Houston...it SNOWED!!! What?! That morning, I looked outside the front window, and sure enough, HUGE snowflakes were coming down! The weather had been warm, so it didn't really stick around for long, but it snowed enough for some good time playing out in the snow that afternoon. We put on Brayden's new snow suit (Thanks, Mimi!), and headed out to brave the cold.

The fact that snow hit Houston was pretty humorous...EVERYTHING shut down because of the snow! The offices at church closed early, so Jonathan came home around 2. Local schools shut down early, and our Winter Retreat for our HS students had to be cancelled because the bus company cancelled all travel in our area. We got about 1 inch of snow. Oh well...it made for a fun day!

Our front yard
Ready for the snow!
Loving it!





Our tired and cold ski bum, finally in from the snow.


2 comments:

Amy! said...

It is taking everything in me to not drive down right now and hug that precious little one. I can't wait to see you guys! Ah I want all of those pictures blown up huge for my room. You guys are so adorable-SUCH a wonderful family. Love you!

-aunt amy

Anonymous said...

This is too Punky. I can't handle him in a snowsuit. I might blow up.