Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Christmas Story


I have been on the hunt for the 'perfect' nativity scene for the past couple years, so when I started out on my quest again this year, I remembered one thing - I have a one-year-old who tends to throw things on occasion. Beautiful, fragile nativity...not a good idea. So I passed up on my search this year, but I found an amazing alternative; and it's one that he can play with! I found a nativity scene just for Brayden. He is loving playing with the pieces, and it also provides a great way to teach him about the true meaning of Christmas - Jesus!


One thing about this nativity is that because he can play with it, he likes to put the people and animals in the places that HE thinks they should be. See a rendition of his roof-rockin' stable below...

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ha ha. We have the same nativity and the boys are constantly putting the animals on the roof.

Anonymous said...

We have this nativity too and I LOVE IT!! Harrison likes to try to fit as many things under the roof as possible! It usually ends up in a huge pile of people!