Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Really Matters

Lately, God has been challenging me to evaluate my life to see if I am truly living according to His Word. I desire that my life be one that exists to glorify God, and I pray all that I do and say be living according to His Word.

As I look at this in my own life, I'm realizing that the way I live is being modeled to a little 2-year-old who is such a sponge! He is beginning to love to mimic and repeat all that we do and say. Man, does this keep you in check!

It's been really neat lately to see him beginning to understand how God loves him and has made him. He's been coming home from church telling me about what he's learning. This last Wednesday, when we got in the car after church, he said, "Mommy, God made me!" He is beginning to sing songs about Jesus that we sing to him at home. It brings such joy to my heart to hear him learning about the Lord.


As we head into the new year, I desire that this year be one that we all grow to know more of the Lord. That we would seek Him in every facet of our lives. To see God move in amazing ways, that there is no other explanation than that it was ALL God. To know Him and make Him known even more than I could ever imagine...that is what I want to be about. And that is what really matters.


No comments: