Tuesday, November 9, 2010

DIY Handprint Frame


I saw this great idea recently...I can't remember where...and I just had to recreate it with my little guy's handprint. Brayden is 2-years-old now. I traced his handprint onto patterned paper. I went back and found his handprint from the hospital (birth) and traced it onto a different patterned paper. I also traced a handprint from when he was one-year-old onto a different color paper. I cut out each of his handprints and then stacked them, with the oldest handprint in the back.

I mounted the handprints onto paper with a glue stick and put it into a frame. I wrapped the frame's basic white matting with some light brown burlap...It was a little thick...but it went with my decor. You could just put this in a regular frame or one with a plain mat.

It's so fun to look and see how my little guy has grown so much...from his handprints from birth, 1 year, and now 2 years. I plan to add on handprints each year, so I can see how much he is growing.

Our entryway area with the Paperbook Wreath,
my new table, picture frames awaiting the
perfect 2 pictures, and some other fun decor.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is such a good idea! You are so creative!