Monday, July 13, 2009

1st Birthday Party

It's so hard to believe that Brayden is already one year old! This past year has flown by! Being a parent is one of the most wonderful things. It is full of ups and downs, but it is full of so much joy from this little gift that God has blessed us with. Sometimes I just look at Brayden and sit with wonder that he is MY child. God has given Jonathan and I this opportunity to love, guide, teach, and shepherd him throughout his life; I pray that we follow His leading in how we do just that. I want to point Brayden toward Christ. I pray toward that day when Brayden will choose to follow Christ with his life and live passionately for His Name.

Brayden's name means "effective," and we pray just that. I pray that he will be effective for the Name & cause of Christ. I pray that he will live his life in such a way that people see Jesus and want to experience what it is to know the Savior.

This weekend, someone said that we had 17 more of these ahead of us, and it struck me at how quickly it will fly by. If this one year has flown by as it has, I cannot imagine what the next 17 will be like. It will be an adventure, no doubt. And I am so excited to see Brayden grow "in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man" - just like Jesus (Luke 2:52).

The birthday boy!

Digging in...full face!
He had to pick it up
so he could get a bigger bite!
Friends - Kelsey, Brayden, & Beige
Me, Brayden, Kelsey, & Julie
Gina, Me, & Brayden
Wiped out after the party

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Sweet!! Wish we could have been there for Brayden's first birthday! Poor little guy - so sad that he wasn't feeling well for his first party - even his cheeks are flushed - or maybe that was just because of the sun he got. Happy Birthday Precious Brayden!!! I love you so much! Love, Grayma

Kim Stroh said...

Looks so fun! Happy birthday, Brayden! My boys just turned one also...can you believe how fast time goes?