Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Photogenic-ness

Photogenic-ness is not a word...but I like it. Brayden is a very photogenic baby! He is so much so that it weirds us out sometimes. Although he is very photogenic, this is not what this post is about. It is about Jonathan.

Jonathan loves the camera, however, he doesn't tend to love it at times when I want to take pictures of him...instead, he loves it whenever no one knows that he is in the picture. He has told countless stories of family vacations to Disneyland where, as everyone knows, at the entrance of the park, paid photographers stand there waiting to trap you before entering in order to take a picture in front of the castle, which leads to paying an enormously ridiculous price for a lovely 5x7 to place on your mantel. Well, growing up, Jonathan would stand there behind groups of tourists or cute little picture-perfect families taking their picture (because he always has been rather tall), and inconspicuously smile or make a goofy face in the background of their picture. In fact, there are probably countless families across America who have Jonathan's face sitting on their mantel, because he jumped into their picture without their knowledge. Anyway, as you can see, he still loves to do this! It makes me laugh when I am flipping through pictures and notice his big smile in the background of our pictures. It's a memory...and one I will gladly place on my mantel.

Both of these pics, I was trying to imitate Brayden.
(...and of course, Jonathan couldn't miss out
on jumping in the back of the pic!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a riot! I love that! I often think of how many pictures I must be in without me knowing about them...it's a funny thought, but I love even more that Juan's trying to be in them! This makes me want to go through my pictures and look for him...a where's Waldo type of thing!

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of me at college graduation with friends and Jonathan is in the background making a face.