For the past couple summers, I've seen blogs that have posted their "Summer List" that they did with their families, but it's something I never really thought about implementing at our house. (Surprising, because I am an avid list maker. Ha!) This summer, I've been challenged by some good friends to truly be intentional with the time we have this summer. Summer is a time that tends to be without a lot of structure or schedule, and a lot of times I find that days go by without adding in a little extra fun or special time with the kids. It's not about doing stuff that is big or extravagant or that costs a lot of money. It's about setting aside time to just BE with your family, break the routine a bit, and just have fun! I want my kids to look back and have great memories of family time spent together. Hopefully some of these things will be some great memory makers.
Here are the things we put on our Summer List:Zoo
Homemade Ice Cream
Astros game
Blueberry picking
Feed turtles
Fort night - build a big fort in our living room
Lowe's Build & Grow - FREE kid's building clinic at Lowe's
Old Macdonald Farm
Splash pad
Picnic at Discovery Green
Book Bonanza in Bed - read a stack of books together in Mom & Dad's bed
Snow Cones
Surprise a neighbor with treats
Campout indoors - put up the tent and sleep in it INSIDE the house...no lights (except AC)
Driving range
Tennis
Chick-Fil-A Mini Moo
Main Event - bowling & arcade
Play in sprinklers
Lunch with Daddy
Mission Project
Firecrackers
Galveston
Chuck-E-Cheese
Fishing
Drive-In movie
LEGO night
Pajama Day / Breakfast at all meals
Movie Night
Game Night
Children's Museum
S'Mores on the grill
Shaving cream fight
San Antonio
Restaurant at home - let the kid(s) help be the "waiters" at dinner
B's Special Night - our daughter is too young for this, but it will be a night where our son gets to pick what we have for dinner, what we do for the night, etc.
Four Square / Chalk / Wiffle ball - an outside game day
I can't wait for our summer, and I am excited
to make these memories with our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment