The Great Snow Storm of 2011...or as we call it in Houston: the "Greatly Over-Exaggerated Storm of 2011" came and went. Last Friday, we were expecting inches of snow and ice which would essentially shut our city down. So what did they do? They shut our city down...in expectation of the snow and ice. Businesses shut down. Schools cancelled. Even before a snowflake hit the ground. It was humorous.

Thursday night at 5pm was when it would hit. The weather updates came, and it moved back to 7pm...then 11pm. Slowly but surely, it wouldn't hit until 5am...9am...Nothing. Not a flake. Not a bit of sleet. Nada. FREEZING...but no snow. School was cancelled, and the kids were loving it!
We were hoping it wouldn't be too bad so Premiere Weekend could happen (Student Ministry's Disciple Now). But I still wanted to see some snow. It is always fun to have snow to get out and play in. Not that we really would have gotten out to play much...since we were sick. :( Brayden was sick for a few days...fever, cough, congested. No fun. Then it hit me...I had it all for a few days. Luckily, I *think* we're on the up-swing of it all and getting better. We've watched lots of movies. Snuggled under blankets all day. It's been nice. However, my house is a wreck. Well, now that I'm feeling better, I guess I must go clean now!
My sick little guy
No comments:
Post a Comment