This weekend was so great! Let me just start with that. I am so blessed.
When we moved to Houston 6 years ago, we knew we were moving away from family. We knew we were beginning our life as a newly married couple and essentially starting our own family. Each time we get to see our families, it is cherished. This weekend, we were so lucky that my mom came into town. It was special, because she came to take care of Brayden so that Jonathan and I could attend our church's marriage conference - Love & Respect.
It was great to see my mom and get to spend some moments with her. But one of the other reasons it was so great, is that it allowed Jonathan and I to grow in our marriage this weekend. I love it that both Jonathan and my parents constantly urge us to grow toward Christ on our own and together as a couple. They are an inspiration to us of walking with Jesus, and we hope that we can grow into a team - loving each other and parenting - like they do.
This weekend at the conference, it was full of moments that taught us how to know each other more - to pay attention to the needs of the other. I learned that respecting my husband is his greatest need...and I DO greatly respect him, and I'm definitely learning how to show that more. It was so unique learning the differences, how a wife needs love the most and a husband needs respect. When we learn to give that to each other, God abundantly honors and blesses the marriage. I highly urge anyone who can attend this conference to go...it will radically change your thinking and your marriage.
...and thanks so much, Mom, for coming and spending the weekend here with us! Brayden LOVED playing catch for hours with his Mimi!
No comments:
Post a Comment