Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Hubby / DIY Candy Caddy

Jonathan is officially older than me. He will only be that for exactly one week, but nonetheless he is older. He turned 29, which also means that we have known each other for TEN years! WOW! It's hard to believe that our freshmen year in college where we met during Welcome Week was already ten years ago! It's been an amazing ten years of knowing him, and I am so excited to be able to spend the rest of my years with him as my incredible husband!

We've decided that we love making memories and having fun experiences together more than we do exchanging gifts, so we're going out this weekend to our favorite restaurant and to see a fun improv comedy group. But I still wanted to do something fun and creative for him to have on his birthday. I originally got the idea from Ashley at Under the Sycamore. To make it, I got a 4-pack of Cream Soda and emptied/cleaned the bottles. Then I wrapped them up in scrapbook paper and filled them with yummy candy. I modpodged the caddy with scrapbook paper and embellished it with some twine and a couple birthday messages.

It was a fun treat, and I loved getting to surprise them with him at his office. Nothing like a sugar rush at work!
On the lids, I modpodged a paper circle with "29" on it.


His birthday card that I made

Happy birthday, Jonathan!!! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww- veru cute, Michelle!!
Love ye, Dix