Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good Ole Momma Lovin'

There are no pictures in this post, because I was too busy enjoying the moment. Today, while outside working in our yard, Brayden came up to me and kept tugging on my shirt. Finally, I bent down to see what he wanted, and he just crawled up into my arms and laid his head down on my shoulder. He sat there for quite awhile, just wanting to be held. It was a moment. We went over and sat in the chair on our porch, and he just laid there in my arms. It was amazing.

So often, I get busy doing things around the house or on the computer, and it's easy to not even realize Brayden is chasing me around wanting to play or holding a book for me to read with him. I try my best to get rid of the distractions and really intentionally spend time with him...good, quality time. To love on him and show him I value time together.
I realize these moments are probably not going to happen as often as he gets older, and I need to savor every second. This moment is definitely one I will remember.

1 comment:

Aunt Erin said...

He loves his MOMMY! That is so sweet. What a punk.