Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Clipboard Frames

In our living room, we have a very long wall that I have never been sure how to decorate it. I have thought about it long and hard, and one day while strolling through Anthropologie, I had an idea! I just love their displays and feature walls...whoever thinks up these abstract pieces is genius! They had a giant painted canvas with different sizes of clipboards attached at varying depths with sketches attached. I am always changing out Brayden's pictures and have SO many that I would love to display in a non-tacky way...so my mind started spinning. After many drafts in my head...and a couple trips to IKEA and Hobby Lobby, I came up with this...

I have a long shelf that I leaned a 30x40" frame on. I got various sizes of clipboards (which make easily interchangeable 'picture frames,' and I painted them all black to make it all look cohesive. The vertical clipboards are all simply hung on a nail, and the horizontal ones are hung on a nail and have a secondary nail through on the other end for support.

My inspiration piece in Anthropologie
I laid the clipboards out on the floor before hanging (and took a picture), so I could reference it as I hung them.
My long living room wall...now nicely decorated!
I hung another shelf and leaned a picture frame up against it to frame out the cross hung on the wall.
I hung picture frames directly on the wall (without backing so the wall color shows through) to showcase the cross and 'HOPE' hanging.
Clipboard frames
I LOVE being able to change the pictures out so easily!


3 comments:

Becca said...

Great idea Michelle! I love it!

Emma Krueger said...

What a cute idea. I love Hobby Lobby and I go through withdrawls out here in Vegas. I always stock up on cute things when we are home in Oklahoma!

wethekings said...

you are always so creative, chelle!!! i love that about you!! miss and love you! hope to see you in OK soon!!! :)