Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Funny Moment

Tonight, we gave Brayden his bath...as usual. It was actually his last bath in his "mini-tub"...next bath, he will graduate to sitting in his own bathseat in the "big boy tub." (ha!) After his bath, we took him out, wrapped him up in his huge new towel from friends in Salt Lake City...nice and cozy! I set him down on his changing table to put on his PJs, and he grabbed his feet (no surprise here). But what was quite impressive was that he popped his big toe in his mouth and started sucking on it like it was his thumb! It was great...so, of course, we had to grab the camera...(stick with me here...there's more!)...So Jonathan went to grab the camera while Brayden continued to chomp down on his toe. Right as Jonathan started snapping away, Brayden started spraying PEE...right up at his (Brayden's) face!!! AAGGHHHH!!! I screamed, snatched him up, and put him right back in the bathtub for yet another bath.

Side note here: I pride myself in Brayden NOT peeing on me. Jonathan has had it happen to him multiple times, and I always said that I had never had it happen to me because I was so quick and skilled in my quick diaper changes. (ha!) But I had yet to experience the spraying force of our little 6-month old...until tonight! Oh well...babies have a way of humbling you! I guess it was my time to really experience this!

Bathtime!
Wrapped up in his new towel.
Sucking on his toe!
This may look like the same picture...I warn you, it is not!
Jonathan captured the "moment" of the startling spray...don't worry, it has been edited. WOW, what a moment!

1 comment:

sweetpeamorrow said...

I love him sucking his toes...Graham does the same thing even with socks on....and he will get the eating babyfood part it just take some time....Graham LOVES his now....but it sure took some time! Hope you guys are doing GREAT....WE NEED TO ALL GET TOGETHER! LOVE ya!