Monday, April 2, 2012

Feeding Giraffes

The Houston Zoo has a relatively new exhibit that they've built for the giraffes.  One of the cool features is a feeding platform, and twice a day, you can come and feed the giraffes.  I think I was just about as excited as Brayden was for it all!
Heading up to the feeding platform...
...well, hello!
They gave us 3 big pieces of lettuce to give the giraffes.

Their tongues are SO long that they snatch it out 
of your hand from pretty far away!
He was SO excited and amazed at it all!
 Finger lickin' good!
Afterward, they had a giraffe pelt that the kids could feel.
It was such a fun experience!

1 comment:

Aunt Erin said...

FUN! He's much braver than his Aunt Erin. On a school field trip when I was in Kindergarten, I was selected to help feed the giraffes. I excitedly walked to the top of the platform and held out the food. The giraffe stuck its HUGE PURPLE TONGUE out and licked my whole hand. I ran screaming from the giraffe house, never to return again. The End.