The Ledge
In our kitchen, there is a ledge. It is a window sill that overlooks our front yard, and it is the perfect height for Brayden to plop down on and look outside. He loves to go over to the window and, once I raise the blinds, he'll just sit on that ledge and look at the cars drive by, at the birds in the trees, and at all the plants that sit directly opposite the glass panes. It is a place of rest and a place of discovery. It reminds me to sit and rest - to "be still and know that He is God." (Psalm 46:10) It reminds me that we all need to just look and enjoy God's creation. It reminds me that I need to embrace and enjoy the simple things of life. We all need to find those "ledges" in our lives where we can unplug from everything and simply "be."
So...where is your ledge?
1 comment:
I love this post! We sit on our front porch and chill! Miss you guys! He is so stinkin cute- I see you in him so much!
Post a Comment