Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baby Things Galore!


I've noticed lately how our house has become overrun with baby things.  It's quite humorous when I look in our kitchen, and the countertops are covered with things like a spinning bottle drying rack and a bottle warmer.  Our living room consists of our couch, TV...and now a baby swing, baby bouncer, playmat(s), toys, and many spare pacifiers that I am constantly finding in the couch cushions along with random miniature socks that are found all over the house, car, and even in my pockets!  My purse has been traded in for a diaper bag (which is actually quite stylish thanks to Erin & Jared!).

It's a fun time.  All the things that I would typically pick up and put away before guests arrive are displayed proudly for all to see.  I am so thankful for those baby things, because it represents that there is a baby here.  I love to hear Brayden's baby coos that he is starting to mumble so often now as he sits in his baby swing watching the bears spin on the mobile above his head.  I love laughing as I walk back into the living room only to spot a pacifier that has somehow been spit out of Brayden's mouth some 4 or 5 feet away from him...amazing!  I love discovering those tiny socks in random places (only to wonder...where is the other one?!).  It is a wonderful time!  It's one that God reminds me to cherish every single day.  I love those baby things...and I love my precious baby.


The many places that Brayden has to chill in our living room.
The Pack-n-Play and rocker in our room.
The cool spinny bottle rack that 
has taken over the kitchen counter.

No comments: